Section leaders for each instrument group (flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, etc.).
One student may serve as section leader for more than one instrument group (i.e.,
trombones and baritones) depending on numbers.
Assistant drum major
The following outlines the process for applying for these positions. All materials should be submitted to the director in an organized packet. A student may only hold one position at a time.
- Write a paragraph discussing why you believe you would be a good band leadership team member.
- Obtain two confidential (sealed) letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your work ethic and character.
- Schedule a brief interview with the director.
- Read and sign the leadership statement.
The director will select leaders with the following criteria in mind:
- Does the individual maintain an overall positive attitude?
- Does the individual demonstrate responsibility and dedication inside and outside of the classroom setting?
- Is the individual honest?
- Does the individual demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with his/her peers as well as authority figures?
- Is the individual respectable? Does he/she resolve conflicts in non-confrontational ways?
- Does the individual possess a GPA of 3.0 or higher?
The director reserves the right to make any decision necessary (including removing students from leadership positions) to preserve the well-being and unity of the band.